Sunday, September 12, 2010

Moving time!

I know I haven't posted for a LOOONNNGG time, but things have been kind of crazy busy for us. We're trying to plan the wedding, move me into our apartment, work and go to school and so on. On the 21st of August, we got the keys to our apartment and started hauling my stuff up. I sure have a lot of junk!! We filled our 1 bedroom apartment up pretty quick with what I had. Good thing Jared doesn't have much :)

We really like our apartment! It's a good apartment community, we have a pool and everyone is friendly. We're also right across the street from church, so we can walk on Sundays! I went to our ward today and everyone was welcoming and it sounds like quite a few people live here in Peachtree, so that's cool! We've still got a LOT of organizing and a small bit of unpacking to do still, but here are a few pictures of our place. I'll take more once we get settled in officially.

Our living room - don't mind the dryer....it's gone now and a coffee table is sitting in it's place. Jared also won a Wii at school, so that's hooked up and so is our DVD/VCR combo. Our patio/deck looks out to the pool, which is nice.


Here's the other side of the living room. Our little office area, bookshelf, and then Jared brought his keyboard down so we have a 'piano' to play. I've played ever since I was younger and Jared is learning, so it's fun having it here. You can see our 'dining room' also in this picture. Our little 2-seater table and chairs from the Miner's! (Thanks Miners!) :)

Our kitchen!!!!!!! I think I've cooked more in the past 2 weeks than I have in the past 3 years I've lived out here! I love having a full kitchen, it's great! I've made quite a few different recipes and it's been great! To the back is our laundry room. Don't even get me started on that!! :) The dryer that's in the living room was in here, but then we realized it was gas and we don't have a gas connection. I had to give that one back to my friend and then we bought a different dryer that would actually work. First time I turned on the washer water gushed all over the floor. Luckily after calling dad, we found out it was just because the drum was off center from being moved and the water went on the floor instead of in the drum. The dryer also has a fun story. We got a dryer vent to hook up to it, and it was fairly long, but we figured it would be ok. So I did a few loads of laundry and then one day as it was going the top of the dryer was really hot. I looked behind and the vent looked a little kinked, so I picked it up a bit and water came from somewhere under the dryer. We didn't have it short enough to allow the steam to make it up and out the vent to the outside.....so it had collected and turned to water. We shortened up the vent hose and now I think it's working properly. Hallejuah!! :)
The bedroom - kind of small, but we got everything to fit in there.

Our walk-in closet also filled with my junk :)

And last but not least, the bathroom

We love our apartment and are excited to be married so Jared can move in too! :) It's cozy and perfect for us!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I'm so glad you posted some pictures! Looks like you are getting all settled in. I can't believe how soon it is until your wedding!

Roseanne said...

oh every first apartment is so fun to look back on and see what you came from. brian and i were just thinking the other day about our first apartment. it could fit into our bedroom now. fun to think about. good memories!