Jared doesn't want anyone to know when his birthday is, but I knew so I wanted to do a little something to celebrate. We decided to spend Monday together since it was Labor Day and neither of us had to work. My friend from work had talked about this really cool place called Cascade Springs, so I thought it would be fun to pack a picnic lunch and then surprise Jared with going there.
Here's a picture of us in the car before we left that morning.
Here's a picture of us in the car before we left that morning.
I had gotten directions from my friend at work. I wrote them down on a sticky note and shoved them in my purse. I figured it wasn't that hard to find. Well, I misunderstood what I wrote down. Cascade springs is up Provo Canyon. You're supposed to TURN at Sundance and then go past Sundance and go on from there. Well, I thought you were supposed to go past the EXIT for Sundance.....needless to say we got out of the canyon on the other side and made it to Heber City. I texted Chris and found out that we were supposed to turn at Sundance. We did a bit of backtracking, had to pay $6 to get into the recreational area, drove a LONG time on tiny windy mountain roads and then finally saw a sign that said Cascade Springs 7 miles!! So after about 2 hours plus of driving, we finally made it to Cascade Springs. We had our picnic lunch and then walked around for a while. I was a little frustrated it took me that long to find it, but Jared still had a good time - which I'm glad for!!
No comments:
Post a Comment