Saturday, June 13, 2009

Oh, a'camping we will go!

Since I've been in Utah I've had numerous opportunities to go camping, and I love it! I'm slowly building up my own supply of camping gear. A few weeks ago my cousins, one of their friends, and I went camping in one of the canyons out by Grantsville. It was just us girls and we had a great time! We cooked in the dutch ovens and even though our dessert was a little burned it was delicious....and I won't make much comment about our breakfast. It didn't turn out the best.


Home sweet home for a night



We hiked a trail on Saturday. Here's a few views of where we walked from and then overlooking the Great Salt Lake once we got to the top. Let me just say the hike down was SO much easier :)


Me at the very top! Some of the wildlife on our hike ha ha

Me, Crystal, Alicia and Hailee



'Bumps' on a log Pretty flowers on our hike

Little Cottonwood Canyon
2 weeks ago my roommate had her ward camp-out and she invited me to go with her and her little boys. We had a good time enjoying everyone's company and sitting around the campfire.

Her cute boys Carson and Parker

Parker being silly :)

Me by the river....all the snow was melting off the mountains

Carson and me at dinner

4 comments:

The Offical Hatch Fam Blog said...

how fun! was it deseret peak you hiked? very pretty from way up there. crystal and alicia are great cousins. great blog name too. your other cousin, roseanne

Liz said...

I don't think it was Deseret Peak....I know there's a lake somewhere around that same area that we want to hike to once it gets a little warmer. Hopefully I'll have lots more adventures before summer is over!

Shelley said...

I am so proud of you for blogging! We were so glad to have "auntie Liz" with us on our camping adventure! :)

Emm said...

too jealous! We drive an hour just to go camping at the nearest state park...and its littered with alligators.