Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas

I went up to Rachel and Shawn's on Christmas Eve after work and we had sandwiches from Honeybaked Ham with a gift certificate I had gotten from work. After a late lunch, we went downtown to the Planetarium and saw a movie in the Dome Theater - they played the movie on this domed ceiling. It was a light show set to Christmas music. I must be getting old, because the scenes moving around so fast were making me sick...not a good sign. :) Then we watched the Nativity movie Christmas Eve after doing our ornament exchange game. I couldn't sleep in the back room because Santa might not come or I might see Santa, so the boys bunked in Nathaniel's room and I slept in Cade's bed. I saw the clock a few times during the night, and the last time I looked it was 3:00 am and I thought 'oh, I've got lots of time to sleep.' Then before I knew it, Cade and Nathaniel came barging in the room, "It's 6:01, it's 6:01, let's go see if Santa came!" Rachel and Shawn told them they had to stay in bed till 6:00 - so we didn't wait much longer than that! We all ran downstairs and saw what Santa had brought us. The kids were SO excited. I loved watching their faces. This was a really great Christmas.

Me and the kiddos on Christmas morning

I love her little face! It was a Cinderella Pez dispenser :)

I love how they're all standing in a row, tallest to shortest

Cade with his presents from Santa

Nathaniel with his presents from Santa

Adria with her presents from Santa

Me and Adria with her Princess book - I took the pictures from Disney on Ice and made them into a storybook - it's super cute!

Rachel modeling the Snuggie her kids got her - She looks really 'giant' because I was sitting on the floor leaning back to get her all in the picture :)

The best part of Christmas was very last, when Shawn still had 1 present to open and had the kids come help him.....it was a Wii! You can see their faces - they were SO excited! I even think excited is an understatement!

Fuhriman fam with their Wii and accessories - I think they'll have fun!

They also had my name for Christmas and I got some really great things! I got a book I've been wanting for a while, a handheld guitar hero game, and a Harry Potter Trivia Game. Rachel also found a great book about temples, which I'm so excited to read! She also made me a magnet board with cute clips and magnets - I love it! The board in the back is padded and then you can slide pictures, notes or what-not under the ribbon and hold it there. AND I also got a ticket to go see Brian Regan in Salt Lake on March 12th!!!! I'm SO excited! Rachel first introduced me to his stuff, and since then I've listened to some additional video clips on Youtube, and he's hilarious! So Rachel, Shawn and I are all going to the show. It will be great!

It's nice to have some family close, but I really missed being able to be with the rest of the family for Christmas. Maybe we'll be able to get together one of these years. Then Christmas day afternoon, I exchanged gifts with Shelley and her boys and then headed out to the Miner's for the rest of the day. We had great food and played lots of games. It was great to be around family and enjoy some days off work!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Don't forget the fun we had setting up the train track again!