For the 4th of July weekend I was out in Grantsville with the Miner clan. We had plans to go camping, but we were worried about the rain again, so we ended up just hanging out and having a good time. I took off work on Friday so I had a 3-day weekend which was nice!
Thursday night we decided to play some badminton, but to make it more fun, we wore crazy hats and goofed around.
Thursday night we decided to play some badminton, but to make it more fun, we wore crazy hats and goofed around.

Then on Friday, we got up and drove out to the Salt Lake and played around in there a bit and then climbed what's known as 'Black Rock.' I'm a little scared of heights, so I wasn't going to climb it, but then I did and it wasn't too bad.
Here's the view of Black Rock and the lake from the road.
Here's the view of Black Rock and the lake from the road.
Alicia and I at the top - we conquered the rock!
Me posing pretty with the Salt Lake in the back.
Me and the lake again :)
We waded out in the water a ways, but the sand and mud was really gross getting out there and Crystal didn't want to walk in it, so I gave her a piggy-back ride....but we almost got sucked down by some 'quiksand.' But we made it safely to the less gross part of the lake.
Me, Alicia, and Crystal standing in the lake, getting attacked by brine shrimp - they don't really attack you, but there were sure tons of them swimming around in the water.
The below video is what you would see if you were down by the water. These little bugs hover around, but when you walk up to them, they go away. They don't bite or anything, they're just really gross. You can see the 'wave' of them move as Alicia scares them.Then on Saturday Alicia and I took the horses out for a walk, then we all played some volleyball, card games, and the Wii. Then for fireworks, Crystal and I drove over to Grantsville to see the ones there, but they weren't too impressive, so we headed back home and just as we got there, the fireworks at the Deseret Peak Complex had started. So we sat on the front lawn and had a great view. All in all it was a great weekend! I had lots of fun and was around good company!
1 comment:
Ok, sorry to say, but the Salt Lake is nasty, brine shrimp are nasty, those bugs are nasty, and the smell of all of it is NASTY! You guys are brave for going there and getting IN it all!
Post a Comment